The annual Conference on Tropical and Subtropical Agricultural and Natural Resource Management (TROPENTAG) is jointly organised by the universities of Bonn, Göttingen, Hohenheim, Kassel-Witzenhausen, Hamburg, Zurich as well as by the Council for Tropical and Subtropical Research (ATSAF e.V) in co-operation with the GIZ Advisory Service on Agricultural Research for Development (BEAF).
The TROPENTAG has become the most important international conference on development-oriented research in the fields of food security, natural resource management and rural development in central Europe. Since 1999, it provides an international platform for scientific and personal exchange for students, junior and senior scientists, development experts and funding organisations together with their various international partner institutions.
AGRINATURA TRAVEL GRANTS
AGRINATURA Association is offering 8 travel grants for MSc and PhD students participating at Tropentag.
AGRINATURA will grant 8 students from AGRINATURA members’ institutions by travel grant of amount 300 EUR.
Students are challenged to submit their abstract to the Tropentag Conference till 1st May, and in the same time to send the abstract and request for travel grant to AGRINATURA Secretariat (email:firstname.lastname@example.org) till 1st June. As soon as the abstract will be accepted by Tropentag conference committee, AGRINATURA selection committee will select 8 students who will receive the travel grant.
Eligible student will have to:
- be a student of AGRINATURA member institution (the list of member institutions is available here)
- be first author of the contribution
- be personally present at the venue during the conference
- place the logo of AGRINATURA on the contribution (poster or presentation) and agree with publication on the website.
- write a short profile and confirm they are not subsidised by another grant to participate on Tropentag