This international technical webinar is part of the series organized by the FAO eLearning Academy, Agreenium (l’Institut agronomique, vétérinaire et forestier de France) and UN-ESCAP (United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific). These webinars are an opportunity for all of us to share experiences and lessons learnt, discuss challenges, and propose innovative solutions and models. They aim to provide a holistic and comprehensive view of current trends in thematic areas related to global challenges, by combining development research and innovation perspectives.
The main objective of these technical webinars is to give practitioners the opportunity to interact with international experts, United Nations officers, University professors, researchers and fellow participants, throughout the world. Webinars can be attended as interactive online sessions on Zoom, where sharing perspectives and asking questions to experts is encouraged. These sessions are also recorded and therefore available at any time, through the FAO elearning Academy: elearning.fao.org.
- Explain the linkages between agriculture, food systems and nutrition
- Describe existing opportunities for integrating nutrition into food system policies, investments and programmes
- Explain the importance of sustainable nutrition-sensitive food systems
- Cristina Petracchi – Head of the eLearning Academy FAO
- Sylvie Avallone – Professor and Researcher at the National Institute for Further Education in Agricultural Science (Sup Agro)
- Patrizia Fracassi – Senior Nutrition and Food System Officer @Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO)
25 March 2020. Sustainable Food Systems and Nutrition: Food Post-Harvest losses.
- Explain quality management procedures to reduce post-harvest food losses
- Introduce SDG target 12.3.1a on the Food Loss Index (FLI) and the statistical methods to measure losses
- Explore ways to reduce post-harvest food losses in South East Asian Countries
Source: PAEPARD FEED