challenge and opportunity of our times. To achieve this, the European Commission presented the
Supported by investments in green technologies, sustainable solutions and new businesses, the Green Deal can be a new EU growth strategy. Involvement and commitment of the public and of all stakeholders is crucial to its success.
Above all, the European Green Deal sets a path for a transition that is just and socially fair. It is designed in such a way as to leave no individual or region behind in the great transformation ahead.
European Commission video recordings:
- 11/12 Side event “Scaling up climate action through the circular economy and nature-based solution” with EC Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- 12/12 Side event ”Citizens’ Dialogue “Youth on the European Green Deal” with EC Executive Vice-President Frans Timmermans
- 12/12 Side event “Closing the gap – Efforts to increase ambition in all Parties’ NDCs and the role of forests”
- 12/12 15:30 Press Conference EC and European Parliament
- 11/12 The European Green Deal Road map
Related: CGIAR COP25 side events
See all recorded side events @ COP25
- Tuesday, 03 Dec 2019 – 11:30-13:00 – International Rice Research Institute (IRRI): Earth, Air, Fire and Water Elements for Sustainability
- Tuesday, 03 Dec 2019 – 13:15-14:45 – Centro Internacional de Agricultura Tropical (CIAT) – Raising ambition for climate action in Latin America through transformation of food systems
- Wednesday, 04 Dec 2019 – 15:00-16:30 – CGIAR System Organization – Raising ambition for climate action: transformative actions for a food secure future
- Thursday, 05 Dec 2019 – 15:00-16:30 – International Water Management Institute (IWMI) – Action for Adaptation: How We Manage Water for Climate Change Resilience
- Friday, 06 Dec 2019 – 16:45-18:15 – International Center for Agricultural Research in the Dry Areas (ICARDA) – Building a research-for-development partnership for thriving drylands in a changing climate
- Monday, 09 Dec 2019 – 16:45-18:15 – Center for International Forestry Research (CIFOR)
- What is the role of finance and technology in catalyzing sustainable and gender-equitable change?
Related: TIME’s 2019 Person of the Year
Source: PAEPARD FEED