The Sector Network Rural Development Africa is a community of practice of local and international GIZ staff working in the area of rural development in Africa. It constitutes a profound knowledge sharing hub and stands for a solid promoter of capacity development. SNRD Africa covers all aspects of rural development, sustainable natural resources management and the impacts of climate change. In this context, sustainable economic development and good governance are considered critical factors for the successful overall development of a region.
The Changing Landscape for Agriculture and Rural Development Policy in Africa? – Brief statement by Steve Wiggins of ODI
- SNRD Africa’s New Speaker on the Upcoming Challenges – Brief welcome note by the new SNRD Africa Speaker Rita Weidinger
- The Three Most Important Topics in Development Cooperation – Brief statement by Tobias Gerster, Head of Division Africa Supra-Regional and Horn of Africa
- Gender, Climate Change and Governance — The Three Most Important Topics in Development Cooperation Brief statement by head of GIZ’s Globe division Christel Weller-Molongua, taken at the 2019 SNRD Africa Conference in Abidjan
- The Future Is Female — Rural Women and Gender – Keynote by Agnes Babugura of IIE MSA
- Population Growth and Youth Employment – Keynote by Agnes Babugura of IIE MSA
- How to React to the Rising Demand for Evidence-Based Policy Advice – Brief statement by Ousmane Djibo in Abidjan
- How to Actually Facilitate Gender-Oriented Project Implementation – Brief statement by Annemarie Matthess
- SEEKEWA — An App for Smallholder Farmers – Presented by Fred Zamblé.
Seekewa is a community platform that allows any person or organization to directly finance smallholder farmers’ projects in exchange for priority access and special discounts on food from their crops.
- Agribusiness TV — Youth in Agriculture – Presented by Inoussa Maiga at the 2019 SNRD Africa Conference during the session on Innovations Towards a Better Future for Rural Africa.
- Digitalising Rural Areas Using Solar-Powered Micro Servers – A presentation in the open space of the 2019 SNRD Africa Conference by Pieter Vanwildemeersch, Development Advisor Participatory Techniques.
- Environment, Livelihoods and Youth/Gender — The Most Important Topics in Development Cooperation – Brief statement by Stefan Kachelriess-Matthess, Head Forestry and Environmental Programme, Cameroon
- Fenou Packaging — Biodegradable Packaging (in French) – Presented by Sonita Tossou at the 2019 SNRD Africa Conference during the session on Innovations Towards a Better Future for Rural Africa.
AgriPack is the first online platform that allows farmers and agripreneurs to find the right packaging for their products. It offers a selection of quality biodegradable bags and helps farmers pack their products in the greatest respect for the environment.
- Update from the FSNR Working Group – At the 2019 SNRD Conference in Abidjan the Food Security, Nutrition and Resilience working group met for the second time
- CERFAM/WFP — Food Security and Nutrition – The Regional Centre of Excellence against Hunger and Malnutrition (CERFAM) is a partnership between the Government of Côte d’Ivoire and WFP
- Lagos Food Bank Initiative — Fighting Hunger and Reducing Food Waste – NUMEPLAN is a wholesome approach which improves the nutrition of mothers and children by having sufficient intake of essential nutrients
- WeFlyAgri — Drones for Crop Monitoring – Empowering local farmers with drone data to enhance their produce
- Wrap-Up — The Future of Rural Africa Creative closing of the SNRD Africa Conference and brief intro to Africa on the Rise
- Go Home — Young People, Come Home to Your Fathers’ Land! Artist Kouadio Guillaume embodying the feeling of the young in Africa towards agriculture
Source: PAEPARD FEED