11-13 November 2019. Lomé, Togo. The International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), in partnership with the African Union Commission (AUC), convened the ReSAKSS Annual Conference to promote review and dialogue on the Comprehensive Africa Agriculture Development Programme (CAADP) implementation agenda.
- Discussed progress, research evidence, and recommendations on gender equality presented in the 2019 ATOR.
- Reviewed progress in promoting mutual accountability through agriculture JSRs and preparing the 2019 CAADP Biennial Review report to be presented at the African Union Assembly of heads of state and government in January 2020.
- Assessed progress in formulating evidence-based, Malabo compliant second-generation NAIPs.
- Evaluate progress in operationalizing effective local analytical networks for SAKSS platforms to support CAADP data and analytical needs at the country level.
- Reviewed the status of CAADP implementation and progress toward achieving key goals and targets.
The 2019 ATOR takes an in-depth look at gender in Africa by examining the intersections between gender and i) context and institutions, ii) assets, iii) shocks and resilience, iv) livelihood strategies, v) income and control of income, and vi) well-being. As in previous ATORs, the 2019 Report also assesses progress toward achieving CAADP goals and the Malabo Declaration commitments using the 2015-2025 CAADP Results Framework.
Source: PAEPARD FEED