4 –5 November 2019, Arusha, Tanzania The Aflasafe Technology Transfer and Commercialisation initiative (ATTC), led by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) has given rise to a team of private-sector partners across Africa who have made significant investments in producing and commercialising Aflasafe®, an IITA research product whose pre-harvest application enables crop production with little – or no – aflatoxin, while providing postharvest protection too.
- increased the production of Aflasafe at country level;
- mapped Aflasafe’s route to market;
- forged partnerships that have increased Aflasafe’s availability, accessibility and use; and,
- linked up with buyers of aflatoxin-safe maize and groundnuts.
- Report their progress commercialising Aflasafe
- Exchange experiences and lessons learnt in the course of doing business (What worked and what failed? Solutions found. Pinpoint areas for more attention)
- Build the capacity of manufacturing and distribution partners on new developments in Aflasafe technology and production
- Forge connections between manufacturing and distribution partners, regulators, suppliers of manufacturing equipment and consumables,
Source: PAEPARD FEED