Interview with Hon. Ezzedin Abu Steit, Minister of Agriculture and Land Reclamation, Egypt
South-South collaboration North Africa-SSA
- How can African countries benefit from the annual Food Manufacturing Exhibitions in Cairo?
- What is the expertise of the Egyptian Desert Research Center?
- How important is the upscaling of raised-bed technologies to produce faba beans and wheat in Egypt?
- How important is the collaboration among the CGIAR centers at the level of your country?
Interview with Prof. Martin Van Ittersum, Professor Plant Production Systems, WaCASA, Wageningen University
- How urgent is the need for an increased maize production in Africa?
- Is this a trade-off between higher production and higher CO2 emissions?
- Can the current modelling systems allow for seasonal forecasting?
- Would it be possible to foresee good years from bad years?
Interview with Dr. Stefan SCHMITZ, Deputy Director-General, Department of Food, Rural Development and Natural Resources, Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ)
- What are the specific challenges of dry arid areas?
- What is breeding for better seeds so important?
- Why is trade important for agricultural development?
- What about cross-border trade?
- Do you encourage a greater collaboration among CGIAR centers?
Interview avec Dr. Nteranya Sanginga, Directeur General IITA
- Quelle est la relation entre le programme “Technologies for African Agricultural Transformation” (TAAT)
- et la nouvelle initiative DryArc?
- Quelles technologies du TAAT peuvent être utiles pour la région du DryArc?
- Les technologies de transformation dans la région du DryArc peuvent-elles être utiles pour l’Afrique sub-saharienne?
Interview with Martin Kropff, Director General of CIMMYT.
- What are the challenges of agriculture in dry areas
- Why should donors support the DryArc initiative?
Source: PAEPARD FEED