2 – 6 August 2019. Geneva, Switzerland. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)Fifty plenary session IPCC 50.
The IPCC discussed the report on Climate Change and Land: an IPCC special report on climate change, desertification, land degradation, sustainable land management, food security, and greenhouse gas fluxes in terrestrial ecosystems (SRCCL).
The Special Report on the Ocean and Cryosphere in a Changing Climate, to be finalized in September 2019, will look at oceans and the frozen world.
- greenhouse gas fluxes related to land;
- interactions between climate change and desertification, land degradation and food security;
- land-related impacts and risks; response options that help adapt to climate change; Miles Perry, European Union,
- response options that reduce land related emissions or enhance the take-up of carbon by land systems;
- and links to sustainable development more broadly.
Source: PAEPARD FEED