17 May 2019. Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. Key international and regional agrofood sector actors and investors were brought together for a workshop to explore seed systems challenges as well as opportunities for further collaboration.
- The participants considered that collaboration in public and private partnerships is key for progress in the seed system.
- Various institutions, companies and networks make their contribution to strengthening seed systems in Africa, Asia and other continents.
- CGIAR, for instance, is modernizing its portfolio of Research Programmes (CRPs) to make sure these deliver the right variety to the farmers; and it works in collaborative structures within CGIAR to address key systemic bottlenecks.
- “A value chain of innovations: how to tackle the challenges for seed system changes” – presentation by Philippe Ellul (PhD), Senior Officer, Program Performance (CGIAR System Management Office Montpellier)
- “More choice, better access – Seeds2B program” – keynote by Ian Barker (Syngenta Foundation, Head Agricultural Partnerships)
- “Guiding seed sector transformation” – keynote by Mohammed Hassena & Gareth Borman (ISSD Ethiopia)
Source: PAEPARD FEED