Agrinatura, represented by president Carolyn Glynn, was invited, together with officials from the European Commission and other EU institutions, FAO, and African Union and United Nations to participate in
The third AU-EU agriculture ministerial conference 21 June 2019.
The conference will take place in the FAO premises in Rome and it will be co-hosted by the Africa Union Commission and the European Commission. AU Commissioner for Agriculture and rural economy, Ms Josefa Sacko and the EU Commissioner for Agriculture and rural development, Mr Phil Hogan are all expected to attend.
Building on the results of the successful previous conference in 2017, around 450 invited high-level representatives and stakeholders from Africa and Europe will debate on how to further unlock the potential for a positive rural transformation and an inclusive and sustainable agriculture and agri-food sector in Africa.
Live streaming with begin from 14:00:
- Session 1:Panel on agricultural investment
- Session 2: Panel on agricultural research and innovation
- Session 3: Panel on digital solutions in agriculture
- Session 4: Panel on sanitary and phytosanitary standards and food safety
- Side event 1: TFRA recommendations, with focus on climate action
- Side event 3: Africa Food Safety Agency (AFSA)
- Side event 4: Opportunities and benefits for women’s engagement with the agri-buisiness development
- Side event 5: Modernizing Africa’s agricultural value chains
- Side event 6: Financing ETC