22-23 May 2019. Nairobi Kenya. 2019 Africa Shared Value Summit. The Africa Shared Value Summit raised awareness and advocated for the success of the strategic implementation of the Shared Value business model – profit with purpose – in Africa.
- Scaling Up Innovation in Agriculture – Fredrick Kiio, HOD: m-Agri Business, Safaricom (Kenya)
- Women in Agriculture: Strengthening Food Security – Elizabeth Thande, Managing Director, WetFarms (Kenya)
- Moderator: Antonio Salort-Pons, Head: Government & Private Sector Partnerships and Public Information, World Food Programme Regional Bureau (Kenya)
- Fredrick Kiio, HOD: m-Agri Business, Safaricom (Kenya)
- Elizabeth Thande (see picture), Managing Director, WetFarms (Kenya).
Elizabeth Thande is the MD of PJ Flowers, a subsidiary of Wetfarm Ltd. She has created a network of small-scale farmers and assisted them in the growing and marketing of their products.
Her company has just signed a contract with Farm Concern International to grow indigenous vegetables for the company and this will benefit many of the out growers. She has improved her skills by attending several short courses in Horticulture, Entrepreneurship and Business Management in the Netherlands, Sweden, Texas, and has attended many seminars in the EAC Region.
She has sat on the Board of Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), Kenya Horticulture Directorate, Fresh Produce Exporters Association of Kenya (FPEAK), and Past Chairperson- African Women Agribusiness Network – Kenya Chapter (AWAN-KE). Currently she sits on the Board of East Africa Women in Business Platform.
- Eric Muthomi, Founder & CEO, Stawi Foods and Fruits Limited (Kenya)
Source: PAEPARD FEED