14 February 2019. Washington. IFPRI. Transforming Food Systems to Deliver Healthy, Sustainable Diets : The View from the World’s Science Academies
The InterAcademy Partnership (IAP), a global network of science academies, recently brought together regional networks of science academies from four continents—Africa, the Americas, Asia, and Europe. This project aimed to spark a new global commitment to research the opportunities and challenges facing food and nutrition security and agriculture today.
This seminar provided details on the scope and priorities of the IAP project, the regional perspectives of participants, and a global synthesis. During the discussion, participants explores mutual interests in increasing the sciences’ contribution to informed policy development, innovation, and practice.
- Volker ter Meulen, President, InterAcademy Partnership (Presentation | Video)
- Joachim von Braun, Director, Center for Development and Professor for Economic and Technological Change, Bonn University; & President, Pontifical Academy of Sciences (Vatican), Germany (Presentation | Video)
- Michael T. Clegg, Professor Emeritus, University of California Irvine; & Chair, Council for the International Institute of Applied Systems Analysis, Austria (Presentation | Video)
- Sheryl L Hendriks, Head, Department and Professor of Food Security, Department of Agricultural Economics, Extension and Rural Development, University of Pretoria, South Africa; & Director, Institute for Food, Nutrition and Well-being, University of Pretoria, South Africa (Presentation | Video)
- Paul James Moughan, Distinguished Professor, Massey University, New Zealand (Presentation | Video)
- Moderator Rajul Pandya-Lorch, Director of Communications and Public Affairs & Chief of Staff in the Director General’s Office, IFPRI (Video)
- Q&A Video
Source: PAEPARD FEED