This webinar explored a number of issues:
- What special role can municipal governments play in food security, compared to regional, national, and international governments?
- What enables government institutions to maintain their commitments to food security over the long-term?
- How can U.S. development policymakers best support local governance?
- Olivier de SchutterFormer United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food Secretary
- Maíra Colares Secretary for Social Assistance, Food Security and Citizenship, Belo Horizonte
- Chris Shepherd-Pratt Policy Team Lead, Bureau for Food Security, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Source: PAEPARD FEED