11-17 December2018. Cairo. The Intra-African Trade Fair 2018 is providing a platform for sharing trade, investment and market information.
The Intra-African Trade Fair is the first of its kind in Africa, consisting of a 7-day trade show that provides a platform for sharing trade, investment and market information and enabling buyers and sellers, investors and countries to meet, discuss and conclude business deals. It provides an opportunity for exhibitors to showcase their goods and services, engage in Business to Business (B2B) exchanges and conclude business deals.
|#Egypt‘s PrimeMinister at #IATF2018|
Analysis by the African Export- Import Bank (Afreximbank) shows that one of the main reasons why intra-African trade is low at around 15% compared to Europe (59%), Asia (51%), and North America (37%) is because of lack of access to trade and market information. To address this challenge, Afreximbank decided to, among other initiatives, convene the Intra-African Trade Fair every two years to provide trade and market information and connect buyers and sellers from across the continent.
- To bring together continental and global players to showcase and exhibit their goods and services, and to explore business and investment opportunities in Africa
- To serve as a marketplace where buyers and sellers of goods and services meet and explore business opportunities
- To provide a platform for B2B exchanges and development of business opportunities
- To share trade, investment and market information with stakeholders including investors, SMEs, the informal sector, Africans in Diaspora, and to identify solutions to address the challenges affecting intra-African trade
- For Afreximbank and other financial institutions, to share information about their trade finance and trade facilitation interventions that will support intra-African trade
- To discuss topical issues affecting intra-African trade and provide practical and effective solutions
- To deploy multi-country and multi-company pavilions that will serve as one-stop shop for intra-African trade and investment opportunities in Africa
Source: PAEPARD FEED