22 November 2018. Africana Flavours 2018, in celebration of the Brussels “week van de smaak” (week of the taste) organized an evening exploring vegetarianism in African food cultures.
based diets in most cultures, is not a choice but a necessity because they lack the means to acquire meat.
- The evening started with a discussion on “how strange is vegetarian (and vegan) diets in the African food culture”? by Jutta Kleber– the BigPicnic Project
- Testimony of an African vegan, by Steve Ngabo
- There was be a presentation of some African recipes by Nancy Kawaya – O’marche and Maureen Duru, The Food Bridge vzw.
- This was be followed by dinner and drinks.
Download the AFRICANA FLAVOURS 2018 newsletter with a number of recipes
The Food Bridge vzw’s projects
- Promoting Food Cultures – Africana Flavours and Food Talks
- Supporting African Entrepreneurship – African Diaspora Projects Initiative
- Promoting conservation of indigenous food crops and plants Network of Indigenous Food Systems
- Feeding the homeless and vulnerable – The Helping Hand Project
Source: PAEPARD FEED