Organized by: IFPRI
- Jef Leroy, Senior Research Fellow, IFPRI
- Corinna Hawkes, Professor of Food Policy, City University of London
- Matthew Kovac, Executive Director, Food Industry Asia
Download Flyer (PDF 562K)
3 December 2018. Brussels. Strengthening Rural-Urban Linkages in Africa to achieve food security.
The event will look at multiple and complex interconnections between rural and urban spaces, and how these affect poverty and food insecurity in Africa.
11 December 2018 3:30-5 pm EST. Washington. The Role of Local Governance in Urban Food Security
Please join the Global Food Security Project at the Center for Strategic on International Studies in-person or via livestream on : https://www.csis.org/events/when-city-does-feeding-role-local-governance-urban-food-security
Featured speakers include:
- Maíra Colares, Secretary of Food and Nutrition Security, City of Belo Horizonte, Brazil
- Olivier de Schutter Former United Nations Special Rapporteur on the Right to Food
- Chris Shepherd-Pratt Policy Team Lead, Bureau for Food Security, U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)
Source: PAEPARD FEED