The purpose of the 2ACCA initiative was to facilitate diverse and open sharing of experiences and information on CA thereby fostering learning and widespread awareness and interest in the uptake and spread of CA. This included CA’s role in:
- enhancing sustainable agricultural productivity,
- strengthening environmental and social resilience,
- and fostering efforts to provide for food and nutrition security as well as jobs and economic opportunities, especially for rural communities, including youth and women.
The 2ACCA initiative provided “neutral space” for networking, collaboration and partnership to support the scaling-up of CA systems as the sustainable basis for CSA development across Africa.
Panel discussion. The Role of Conservation Agriculture in Agenda 2063 for a sustainable brown agricultural revolution for Africa. What must we do differently?
- Honourable Ministers of Agriculture from: South Africa, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Kenya, Sierra Leone, Tanzania and Zambia
- International dignitaries and experts: AfDB, NORAD, EMBRAPA, MaMo Panel, NEPAD and ACT
Plenary Panel Discussion. Roll – out of the African Union’s Sustainable Agricultural Mechanization Strategy for Africa:
- ACT AU CTRC KALRO MaMo Panel/CIRAD NORAD Sokoine University of Agriculture
- Side Event 1: CA in West Africa (Convener: CORAF)
- Side Event 2: Micro and Macro enablers of CA based sustainable intensification .(Convener: CIMMYT)
- Side Event 3: Soil health, carbon footprint & sequestration (Convener: GRAINS SA)
- Side Event 4: Role of CA in managing Fall Armyworm (FAW) (Convener: FAO)
- Side Event 5: CA for climate smart Agriculture (Convener: CCAFS, ICRAF)
- Side Event 6: Empowering the next generation (Convener: NEPAD)
Field Visits organised by the Department of Agriculture, Forestry& Fisheries (DAFF) South Africa
Source: PAEPARD FEED