5 October 2018. Brussels. The global Diaspora week.
Plenary session – Digital Diaspora: Boosting the Digital Agenda and Innovation in Development
The Plenary session was officially open the GDW 2018. The Speakers at the session were Representatives of Diaspora Umbrella organizations and partners institutions including representatives of governments, European Union, international organisations, civil society, the private sector. The session discussed the theme of the GDW 2018 at a global level to highlight common interests and share best practices and lessons learned with regards to Diaspora contribution in achieving the Sustainable Development Agenda and how Digital and Innovation can speed up the pace.
- Host: Mrs. Anita Erskine, Expert on Africa’s Broadcasting Industry
- Welcome Remark: Mrs. Marie Chantal Uwitonze (see picture), Founder and President of the African Diaspora Network in Europe (ADNE) Keynote Speakers
- Mr. AntonioTajani, President of the European Parliament (TBC)
- Mr. Louis Michel, Minister of State, Member of the European Parliament and Co-Chair of the ACP-EU Joint Parliamentary Assembly
- Mr. Kamran Elahian, Founder and Chairman – Global Innovation Catalyst, Former Chair of Co-Chair of UNGAID, the Global Alliance for Information and Communication Technologies and Development (GAID)
- Mr.. Stefano Manservisi, Director General for Development Cooperation – European
- Dr. Benedict Oramah, President of Afreximbank
- Mr. Jean-Louis Guigou, President of IPEMED Institute
- Mr. Viwanou Gnassounou, Assistant Secretary General of the ACP group
- Mrs. Khadijat Abdulkadir, ADNE Digital Expert and Founder of Digital African women
- Moderator: Mrs. Marina Diboma, Deputy Managing Director of NABC
- Mrs. Maureen Duru, Founder of Food Bridge vzw
- Mr. Patrick Gilabert, Permanent Representative of UNIDO to the European Union
- Mrs. Christine Leurquin, VP Institutional Relations and Communications at SES Satellites
- Mrs. Isoline Boto, Manager of Brussels Office at CTA
- Mr. Rodrigo de Lapuerta Montoya, Director of FAO Liaison Office to the European Union
11 October 2018. Austria. ADNE Workshop “Diaspora and Innovation in Agriculture”
16 September 2018. Tropentag 2018 Workshop number 5
Theme: Linking African Diaspora Agro Food Entrepreneurs to Research and SMEs
- The call for projects for SusTech4Africa, will start in December 2018.
- This is a great opportunity for African Diaspora entrepreneurs, to get the resources and support they need for their projects.
- This 2019 SusTech4Africa call for projects, is open to African Diasporas resident in Europe. However, the boot camp, coaching sessions and the final pitching event will be in Belgium.
Source: PAEPARD FEED