This is a call for a training of Public Relation and Communication Officers of RUFORUM member Universities and other partner institutions.
This training will take place from 20-21 October 2018 prior to the official opening of the Sixth Africa Higher Education week and RUFORUM Biennial Conference in Nairobi, Kenya.
Some of the things that we hope this training will achieve are that, the Public Relations and Communication Officers will;
- Understand the importance of visibility for their universities,
- Profile and share about the various activities/publications at their Universities,
- Engage mainstream media and set the agenda for media engagement with the university they represent
- Appreciate the role of new media and Web 2.0 technologies to source for, use and disseminate information.
- Improve and or enhance their advocacy skills and be able to market their Universities more and better; Among many other things.
After the two day training, the Public Relations/ Communication & Advocacy/ Marketing officers are expected to exhibit for their universities during the entire period of the biennial.