As part of the Technology Facilitation Mechanism mandated by the 2030 Agenda and the Addis Ababa Action Agenda, the annual collaborative Multi-stakeholder Forum on science, technology and innovation for the sustainable development Goals (STI Forum) provided a venue for facilitating interaction, matchmaking and the establishment of networks between relevant stakeholders and multi-stakeholder partnerships in order to identify and examine technology needs and gaps, including with regard to scientific cooperation, innovation and capacity-building, and also in order to help facilitate development, transfer and dissemination of relevant technologies for the sustainable development goals.
- FoPo Food Powder, Gerald MarinFoPo fruit/veggie powder made from surplus produce, perfect for quick smoothies, muesli toppings and vegan baking
- Land for Life: Inga Alley-Cropping for Sustainability, Marian Van NoppenWorking with farmers and communities to halt the devastating practice of slash and burn agriculture by providing a sustainable, organic and low cost alternative: Inga alley-cropping.
This 3-minute film shows why Inga Alley Cropping represents a revolutionary breakthrough in the fight save the world’s rainforests.
- Mr. Shenggen Fan, Director General, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI)
- Mr. Arun Sundararajan, Professor and Faculty Fellow, Stern School of Business, New York University (NYU) and author, The Sharing Economy
Some new digital platforms have much in common with traditional “gift economies”, in which services are exchanged based on trust and reputation.
- Ms. Erika Kraemer-Mbula, Associate Professor, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Mr. Marco van der Ree, Director of Business Development, Climate-KIC, European Institute of Innovation and Technology
Related: Ms. Erika Kraemer-Mbula, Associate Professor, University of Johannesburg, South Africa @ WIPO.
Is the informal economy in developing countries a hidden engine of innovation and source of intellectual property (IP)? Informal manufacture in South Africa.
Source: PAEPARD FEED