the private sector and the community to establish partnerships for cooperation. GFIA saw the participation of around 600 exhibitors displaying their cutting-edge products and services and over 50 game-changing innovations.
Discussion on the visions and strategies to introduce innovation into the future food security equation and agricultural production, set plans to address the challenges and requirements of today and the future, which include diversifying food sources, increasing productivity, and addressing the needs of the private sector which is a cornerstone of all food security plans.
The Forum also seeked to outline pragmatic solutions to increase investment in the agricultural sector, which will guarantee sustainable food security for generations to come.
Olmix Group was awarded for the ‘Best Innovation in Animal Production’ category. The product MFeed+ (Olmix China) is a natural feed additive based on Olmix patented Algae and Clay technology which aims to improve digestion and thus reduce antibiotics use in animal nutrition.
Extract of the programma:
CREATING CHANGE, MAKING INNOVATION HAPPEN
The pace of technological innovation is faster than ever and new technologies and innovators have the potential to help agriculture overcome urgent challenges and reshape the future of food production. How can we ensure the right ideas are scaled up, accepted, adapted and reach those who need them?
- Keynote Address: Open Data: the path to digital transformation/development – André Laperrière, Executive Director, Global Open Data for Agriculture and Nutrition (GODAN)
- How to increase investment – Reihem Roy, Principal, Omnivore Partners, USA
- Startups and young people in agrifood innovation – Ramy Boujawdeh, Deputy General Manager, Berytech/Agrytech, Lebanon
- Smallholder farming and innovation – Mike Warmington, One Acre Fund, Kenya
- Innovation ladder & open R&D in agriculture – Carla Tanas, Co-founder of Industry Disruptors – Game Changers (IDGC), Co-founder of Future Agro Challenge (FAC), Co-Curator of Disrupt, Startup, ScaleUP
Source: PAEPARD FEED