15-17 November 2017. Johannesburg. 13th African Dairy Conference
This three-day conference had six topical sessions from strategic information on the world and continental dairy industry outlook, trends, future projections, practices, opportunities and challenges to policy issues impacting on dairy industry development, trade and competitiveness and sustainability, and technical issues of interest to players along the value chain.
The 13th Edition of the African Dairy Conference and Exhibition proved again to be the leading Dairy industry-defining event of the year in Africa and beyond. Some 100 exhibitors from more than 30 countries launched their latest/new products and demonstrations to key stakeholders across the entire dairy industry value chain.
- Sustainable Dairy Farming: Africa vs the World Dr. Okeyo Mwai; Principal Scientist
- International Livestock Research Institute (ILRI) – Kenya
- The Changing Face of Africa Dairy Mr. Nico Fouche; C.E.O Milk S.A. – South Africa
- The Role of a Producers’ Organisation in Sustainable Dairy Farming Dr. Chris van Dijk; C.E.O. Milk Producers’ Organisation (MPO) – South Africa
- Reducing mycotoxins in feed: proper feed storage and preservation, Albert van Rensburg (see picture) Biomin – South Africa
- Financing Emerging Market Dairy Processors and Supply Chains, Thomas Lee Bauer (see picture); Principal Industry Specialist World Bank Group- IFC (International Finance
Corporation) – U.S.A.
- Environment and the Dairy Industry, Dr. Asaah Ndambi (see picture); Senior International Animal Production Specialist Wageningen Livestock Research – The Netherlands
Source: PAEPARD FEED