16 October 2017. Brussels. Harnessing Research and Innovation for FOOD 2030. This one day conference served to disseminate successful European Research and Innovation (R&I) initiatives and contribute to the ongoing science-policy dialogue in the area of Nutrition and Security (FNS).
The conference provided a stakeholder platform for a science policy dialogues to assess the current state of European research, innovation and investment, and explore furture needs relevant to:
- Sustainable and healthy nutrition;
- climate-resilience and environmental sustainability;
- circularity and resource efficienty; and
- food system innovation and empowerment of communities.
The conference builds on the successful FOOD2030 High Level Event of October 2016 and acted as an important milestone in the preparation of the second High Level Event to be held under the Bulgarian Presidency in the first half of 2018.
Concept and Agenda – final 371 KB
Scientific Scene Setter: main research breakthroughs and trends, possibilities and innovation
Louise Fresco, President of Wageningen University & Research
- Tassos Haniotis, Director for Economic Analysis, Directorate-General for Agriculture
- Cristina Amaral, Director for FAO’s Liaison Office with the European Union and the Kingdom of Belgium
Closing Session – FOOD 2030: looking forward See the video streaming @17:05:42
Source: PAEPARD FEED