2 July 2017. Side event: Copa-Cogeca and Agricord (352.41 KB, PDF).
Opening by Copa-Cogeca
Mr Scanavino – President of CIA (Confederazione Italiana Agricultura of Italy) – member of COPA-COGECA and Associated member from AgriCord
Mr Scananivo is president of CIA since 2014. He is a producer and leader of the Vineyards and nursery entrepreneurs in Calamandrana. He is former vice president of CIA and president of CIA of Asti since 2002.
Farmers’ organisations: engaging by and with the agricultural private sector
- Which are important investment opportunities for agriculture and small holders that favour development and why?
- What are comparative advantages of farmers’ organisations , producer groups and their cooperatives for investors or to access finance together?
- Why do investments in agriculture remain a challenge and for what type of investments farmers’ organisations face concrete challenges?
- Which concrete measures could promote investments by and for farmers’ organisations and their cooperatives (based on concrete experience). How could the public sector favour this type of necessary investments?
- How could digitalisation play a role in improving access to investments and value chains for farmers’ organisations and smallholders ?
Integrating young farmers in agriculture
- Denis Kabiito – UNYFA (Uganda National Young Farmers’ Association) – partner of AHA (agri-agency of DBV, Deutscher Bauernverband, the German Farmers’ Organisation) Denis Kabiito is the national coordinator for the newly founded Uganda National Young Farmers Association. He is a biologist, a farmer, fisheries scientist and aqua culturist. He has served as an extensionist with a 10-year work experience in rural extension development work, advocacy, training and with agricultural producer associations and primary co-operatives in the central region of Uganda.
- Simon Schlüter – DBV Germany Head of Brussels Office, International Affairs – Deutscher Bauernverband
- Ibrahim Sidibé – Fédération Nationale des Jeunes Ruraux du Mali (FENAJER) and partner of AFDI (Agri-agency of les Jeunes Agriculteurs de France) Ibrahim Sibidé is the secretary general of the National Federation of Young rural people, a member of Coordination nationale des organisations paysannes du Mali (CNOP) and member of CNOP’s network of agro ecological farmers. Ibrahim Sidibé is a Malian farmer, managing a farm producing laying hen, cereals and vegetables.
- Vincent Touzot – Jeunes Agriculteurs de France and member of AFDI. Vincent Touzot is a farmer, responsible for CAP and international affairs at Jeunes Agriculteurs (JA), and member of Afdi’s Board. Vincent works with his associate on a farm of 120 ha and has 50 milking cows. He produces milk that is then used to make butter ‘AOC Charentes Poitou’. Since his farm is situated in a vulnerable zone he practises sustainable farming methods.
- Jackie Mkindi CEO – TAHA (Tanzanian Horticultural Association) – partner of FFD (agri-agency of MTK, the Finnish Farmers and Forest Producers’ Organisation) Jacqueline Mkindi is Executive Director/CEO in the Tanzania Horticultural Association (TAHA), an apex body that works to promote and develop the Tanzania horticulture. She is a development manager, specialized in Business and Trade. She is also an entrepreneur in the horticultural industry herself and she has risen from various positions in the Private Sector.
- Tiina Huvio, FFD/MTK Finland Mrs. Huvio is Progamme Director of the Finnish Agri-Agency for Food and Forest Development. Ms. Tiina Huvio has a carrier of twenty years in the development cooperation and she has worked in both multilateral and bilateral organizations, and since 2013 as coordinator with the Finnish Agri-Agency for Food and Forest Development (FFD). She has been involved in agri forestry and forestry via farmers’ organisations throughout her whole career.
Source: PAEPARD FEED