Current FIRST priority countries include:
- Africa: Burkina Faso, Chad, Cote d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Ethiopia, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Mali, Mozambique, Niger, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Swaziland, Uganda, ECOWAS (sub-regional organization based in Nigeria);
- Asia and the Pacific: Afghanistan, Cambodia, Fiji, Lao PDR, Myanmar, Pakistan, Solomon islands, Sri Lanka, Timor-Leste, Vanuatu;
- Europe and Central Asia: Kyrgyzstan, Uzbekistan;
- Latin America and the Caribbean: Colombia, Cuba, Guatemala, Honduras, Suriname;
- Near East: West Bank and Gaza Strip.
- It provides policy assistance and capacity development support through a network of policy officers (currently 30 policy officers) based at the ministries or national institutions.
- FAO and EU collaborate closely in steering planning and implementation of FIRST both at country level through the FAO Representations and EU Delegations and at global level through FAO headquarters and DEVCO, Rural Development, Food Security and Nutrition Unit (C1).
- FIRST is active in 32 countries , one territory and the subregional organization of ECOWAS for provision of policy assistance support.
The series includes an overall introductory note on policy coherence, and sector specific notes on Fisheries, Forestry, Livestock, Climate Change, Social Protection, Gender Equality, Land Tenure, and Political Economy Analysis.
Source: PAEPARD FEED