AEF brought together senior-level representatives from governments, utilities, regulators, power developers, financial institutions, technology providers, consultants, law firms and large energy consumers to form partnerships, identify opportunities and collectively move the industry forward. AEF has a loyal following of credible players working in the power space, and a track record of delivering a valuable networking experience.
The Off the Grid Club was launched
- an EnergyNet’s business accelerator and networking hub for the Rural Energy Access community – with the support of 45 members.
- The ‘Off the Grid Village’ was the destination and networking hub for the Energy Access and Off Grid Community, occupying premium space at the front of the main exhibition hall. An Innovation Theatre hosted interesting panels, workshops demonstrations and seminars as part of a dedicated off grid Stream of the AEF agenda.
- Selected students from across the African continent were sponsored to attend this year’s Africa Energy Forum.
- The Forum enabled these future leaders to witness the wider impact of the power sector on global economies and industries, understand the impact of electricity and access to energy on industrial development and job creation in Africa.
- Martin Bille Herman, State Secretary for Development Policy, Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Denmark
- Andrew M. Herscowitz, Coordinator, Power Africa
- Lucio Monari, Director, Energy and Extractive Global Practice, World Bank
- Abel Didier Tella, Director-General, Association of Power Utilities of Africa
- Mike Scholey, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Globeleq
- Bruno Bensasson, Chief Executive Officer, ENGIE Africa
- Faith Wandera Odongo, Deputy Director of Renewable Energy, Ministry of Energy and Petroleum, Kenya
- Mahama Kappiah, Executive Director, ECOWAS Centre for Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency (ECREEE)
- Rafael Huarte Lazaro, Director, International Gas Union
- Matthew Bell, Director, Business Development, HIMOINSA, South Africa
- Kate Steel, Energy Director, Power Africa
- Lisa Pinsley, Director, Actis
- Andres Isaza, Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Renewable Energy, GE
- Amina Benkhadra, Director General, ONHYM
- Pankaj Gupta, Practice Manager, Financial Solutions, Project Finance and Guarantees, World Bank
- Paloma Perez de Vega, Head of Division, Project Finance and Guarantees, Global Partners and
- Neighbouring Countries Department, European Investment Bank
- Karine Genty, Deputy Head of Unit for Sustainable Energy and Climate Change, Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development, European Commission
- Karén Breytenbach, Head of IPP Projects, IPP Office, South Africa
- Samuel Boakye-Appiah, Ag, Managing Director of Electricity Company of Ghana
- Kwadwo Obeng Ayensu, Director/Engineering, Electricity Company of Ghana, Ghana
- Omar Vajeth, Head – SAPP Project Advisory Unit, Southern African Power Pool (SAPP)
Source: PAEPARD FEED