The FAO Regional Office for Africa in partnership with the Young Professionals for Agricultural Development (YPARD), the Technical Centre for Agricultural and Rural Cooperation (CTA) and the Songhai Center is organising a three-week online consultation (in English and French) to obtain views on capacity development sustainability initiatives for young agripreneurs in Africa.
This internet-based forum slated from 26th June to 14th July 2017 aims at deliberating the many challenges that youth getting into agriculture and those already engaged in agriculture face. Additionally, it aims at establishing how and what nature of post capacity development support should be given to the youth to retain them in agriculture and how to ensure the sustainability and long-term impact of the youth-specific capacity development initiatives.
The discussions will be guided by the following focus questions:
- What are the biggest challenges youth in Africa face after going through youth-specific capacity development initiatives in agriculture?
- What are the examples of existing post-CD sustainability initiatives for youth agriculture in Africa? What works and what does not? Are there any success stories and good practices that can be shared?
- How should the youth in agriculture be supported? How should they support themselves? What could be the role of ICT in sustaining CD initiatives?
- What enabling environment arrangements are needed to ensure sustainability of youth in agriculture CD initiatives?
Participants in the forum will include:
- Youth that have gone through youth-specific agriculture CD activities in Africa;
- Selected representatives of youth in agriculture organization;
- Representatives of organizations supporting youth in agriculture CD initiatives in Africa;
- Agricultural and rural development practitioners;
- Researchers and academicians.
This is a valuable opportunity to pave a way forward for youth in agriculture in Africa, so your participation will be very much appreciated.
For more information please write to email@example.com