|Dr. Jan Low delivers keynote address for 13th Symposium|
5 – 10 March 2017. Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The theme of the 13th International Symposium of the International Society for Tropical Root Crops – Africa Branch (ISTRC-AB) was “Expanding Collaboration, Catalyzing Innovation of Root Crops for Accelerating Africa’s Economic Growth”.
The sub-themes of the event are:
- Managing priority genetic resources, cropping systems pests and diseases
- Commercial Seed System, Agronomy and weed management
- Postharvest technologies, nutrition, value chains and market opportunities
- Enhancing innovative impact through partnerships
- Mobilizing Investors for Sustainable Root and Tuber Crop Research and Development.
The conference is attende by 2016 World Food Prize (WFP) laureates from the International Potato Center (CIP)—Drs Maria Andrade, Robert Mwanga and Jan Low, all attending ISTRC-AB—for their great achievement in contributing to reduced hidden hunger among women and children of Africa, through the orange-fleshed sweetpotato (OFSP).
For more information, please visit the ISTRC-AB website. The ISTRC-AB conference has been organised by the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) working closely with a number of partners including CIP, CGIAR Research Program on Roots, Tubers and Bananas, the Natural Resources Institute among others. ISTRC-AB was established in 1978 and is headquartered in IITA.
Sweetpotato production: A simple guide to good cultural practices
Abidin, P.E., Acheremu, K., Akansake, D., Darkwa, K., Dorgbetor, I.K
Source: PAEPARD FEED