- Dr Bernard Rey Chef d’Unité adjoint DEVCO C1 Développement rural, sécurité alimentaire, nutrition
- Dr Marie-Frédérique Parant Directrice adjointe France Vétérinaire International (FVI)
- Dr Olivier Faugère Directeur de l’Ecole nationale des services vétérinaires (ENSV), et directeur de FVI
- Dr Cécile Squarzoni Responsable de l’équipe mixte CIRAD-FVI
This is the third event in the Livestock & Household Nutrition Learning Series, convened by Land O’Lakes International Development and the International Livestock Research Institute and funded through the USAID TOPS Small Grants Program. What are the key food safety issues related to livestock production, animal source foods and what are their potential impacts on human health and nutrition?
Join the upcoming joint Agrilinks and Microlinks webinar where experts will share effective approaches to improving food safety and quality related to livestock production.
Attendees will learn about improving food safety and quality throughout the livestock value chain including production methods, processing and storage technologies, risk assessments, policy impacts, opportunities for the private sector and consumer education.
- Hung Nguyen-Viet will pay particular attention to the relationship between animal source foods and the impact of food borne disease, while also considering how traditional and gender roles in livestock and fish value chains can impact exposure and risk.
- Dennis Karamuzi will outline the steps taken by the Government of Rwanda and the Rwanda Dairy CompetitivenessProject II in increasing the supply of clean milk for both rural and urban consumers.
- Silvia Alonso will discuss the role of informal markets in meeting the nutrition needs of the most vulnerable communities and the tension between food safety, livelihoods and access to food that characterize such markets. She will present new research aimed to investigate how “light-touch” interventions in informal dairy markets could give win-win outcomes on health and livelihoods.
Presenters will discuss new actions taking place in development that help provide clean, safe and affordable animal source foods to poor urban and rural households. In addition, the webinar will touch on the role of animal source foods in the global burden of food-borne disease and why food safety related to animal source foods plays an important role in food security.
Source: PAEPARD FEED