Conference Sponsors include the Africa Union’s Partnership for Aflatoxin Control (PACA), Abt Associates, the Schooner Africa Fund, AGCO/GSI and GrainPro.
Partners include the Kenyan Ministry of Agriculture, the Alliance for a Green Revolution in Africa (AGRA), Farm Concern International, Purdue Improved Crop Storage (PICS), and the World Food Preservation Center.
Extract of the programme:
- Aflatoxin small holder storage
- Aflatoxin large scale storage
- Post harvest storage for small holder farmers in South Sudan
- Hermetic storage
- Grains silos
- Purdue Improved Crop Storage
- Grain storage
Q and A Session 3 and 4: Breakout group 3: Aflatoxin
- How should the Strategic Grain Reserve (SGR) address aflatoxin issues?
- Will they commit to testing for aflatoxin?
- Impact of aflatoxin in nutrition?
16/06. Farmers in Sh38 billion grain losses
The conference also noted that sometimes, due to early harvest, the maize is affected by aflatoxin and thus becomes unsuitable for the market.
Source: PAEPARD FEED