24 May 2016. Brussels. DEVCO InfoPoint. Farmers’ organisations make agro-food chains work. Recent experiences of cooperation between farmers’ organisations.
Representatives of farmers’ organisations explained the evolution of their position in specific agro – food chains and the impact on incomes of their members (dairy value chain in Uganda by UCCCU, cashew nut value chain in Benin by URCPA).
- Piet Vanthemsche, Chairman of AgriCord – Belgium (and head of the Farmers’ Union in Belgium from 2008 to 2015)
- Clayton Arinanye, General Manager Uganda Crane Creameries Cooperative Union (UCCCU) – Uganda
- Gwenaël Salaün, Responsable du service technique et expérimentation de la Coopérative Unicoque – France
- How serious is the issue of aflatoxin contamination?
- Why is the collaboration between research for development and farmer organisations important?
Source: PAEPARD FEED