4 April 2016. Addis Abeba. Preparatory meeting between AUC and AU Member States (closed meeting).
- Opening remarks by the African Union Commission, H.E. Martial De-Paul Ikounga, Commissioner for Human Resources, Science and Technology
- Opening by the AU and EU Co-Chairs, AU co-chair Wolfgang Burtscher, Deputy Director-General; DG Research and Innovation European Commission
- Kasirim Nwuke, Chief New Technologies and Innovation, Special Initiatives Division United Nations Economic Commission for Africa
- Aldrik Gierveld Deputy Director General Agro and Nature, Netherlands, Ministry of Economic Affairs (EU Presidency)
The Joint Africa EU Strategy (JAES) and EU-Africa cooperation on STI: Roberto Ridolfi, Director
Sustainable Growth and Development, DG International Cooperation and Development, European Commission
The roadmap towards an EU-Africa Research and Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture’. Presentation on the thematic pillars: (a) Sustainable Intensification ; (b) Nutrition ; (c) Trade ; (d) Cross-cutting.
- Irene Annor-Frempong, Director, Research and Innovation FARA-Ghana
- Rob Peters, Head of Unit Research and Innovation, DG Agriculture and Rural Development European Commission
Presentation on implementation: (a) Short-to-medium term actions ; (b) Long-term model of implementation ; (c) Monitoring and Evaluation
- Phillipe Mawoko, Ag Director African Observatory of Science, Technology and Innovation, African Union Commission
- Cristina Russo, Director International Cooperation , DG Research and Innovation
Source: PAEPARD FEED