8 April 2016. EU and FAO are partnering for sustainable rural development and global food and nutrition security. The main areas of cooperation are:
Also Available in: French
- Global Governance for Food and nutrition security for sustainable and inclusive economic growth;
- Agriculture combined with social protection and resilience-building as engine for employment and growth in rural areas, and a contribution to address the root causes of migration;
- Climate-smart agriculture, forestry and fisheries for the sustainable management of natural resources and conservation of biodiversity;
- Food safety and reduction of food waste in the context of a circular economy;
- Agricultural research and innovation at the service of sustainable rural and agri-business development;
- Statistical cooperation and information exchange for sound policies
- CDAIS works in support of the Tropical Agriculture Platform set up in 2012 at the initiative of the G20 to promote agricultural innovation in tropical countries, with a particular focus on small- and medium-scale producers and enterprises in the agribusiness sector.
- It aims to establish a mechanism that promotes, coordinates and evaluates capacity development activities to strengthen demand-oriented agricultural innovation systems for the purpose of driving sustainable agricultural growth.
- CDAIS is helping tropical countries create more productive and sustainable agricultural sectors by promoting the development of national capacities in agricultural innovation. Activities are under way in Angola, Bangladesh, Burkina Faso, Ethiopia, Guatemala, Honduras, the Lao People’s Democratic Republic and Rwanda.
- In these countries, key partners from public institutions, the private sector, farmers’ organizations and civil society are working together to formulate national capacity development plans based on the needs of small-scale farmers, agri-businesses and consumers.
Source: PAEPARD FEED