24-26 February 2016. Marrakech, Morocco. This annual event attracted 400 delegates afrom 55 countries with over 20 African countries.
- Fertilizer Use in Sub-Saharan Africa: The Importance of Trade Corridors ; Rob Groot, Director, North and West Africa, IFDC
- Sub-Saharan Africa Market Outlook ; Patrick Heffer, Senior Director, Agriculture Service, International Fertilizer Industry Association (IFA)
- Africa Fertilizer Financing Mechanism ; Chiji Ojukwu, Director Agriculture, African
- Fertilizer Policy and Regulatory Update for West Africa ; Alain Sy Traoré, Director, Agriculture & Rural Development, Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Commission
- Recent Advances in Soil Diagnostics and Large Scale Soil Mapping in Africa ; Dr. Markus Walsh, Chief Scientist, Africa Soil Information Service (AfSIS)
- Developing SMEs through the East and Southern Africa Fertilizer Trade Platform (ESAF) ; Jason Scarpone, President & CEO, African Fertilizer and Agribusiness Partnership (AFAP)
- Developing the Fertilizer Supply Chain and Enabling the Business of Agriculture ; Arnau Gallard-Agusti, Private Sector Development Specialist, World Bank
Panel Discussion – Fertilizer Requirements and Challenges in Africa and Opportunities for Fertilizer Suppliers
- Which products are being used where?
- Factors influencing buying decisions
- Challenges or restrictions farmers are facing
- Development and education for farmers
- The uptake of agricultural innovations
- Daniel Gad, Owner, Omega Farms
- John Mutunga, CEO, Kenya National Farmers Federation (KENAFF)
- John Wendt, Senior Soil Fertility Expert, IFDC East and Southern Africa Division
- Asseta Diallo, PhD, Program Officer, Agribusiness Fertilizer Supply and Policy-Soil Health Program (SHP), AGRA
Nectar Group and Yargus Manufacturing discuss the developments and trends in fertilizers within Africa from a blending and bagging perspective. If you had to sum up in one word how you see the next few years in the African fertilizer market, what would that be?
Join the Argus FMB Africa Fertilizer conference in Marrakech to find out more about the major developments in Africa in the fertilizer markets – argusmedia.com/fertilizer-africa
Source: PAEPARD FEED