28-29 September 2015. Windhoek, Namibia. Regional parliamentary seminar hosted by the Parliament of Namibia and organized jointly by the InterParliamentary Union (IPU) and the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF).
The issues of malnutrition, stunting and underdevelopment are just a few of the many issues the region needs to address at an expedited pace with the objective of achieving the ultimate good for the people.
- Definition of problem and importance of Scaling Up Nutrition interventions
- Importance of investment in nutrition and first 1000 days
- Link to economic development and poverty reduction
- Mr. Tom Arnold, Coordinator a.i. of the Scaling Up Nutrition Movement (SUN)
- Mr. Laurence Haddad, Senior Research Fellow, International Food Policy Research Institute