The CGIAR Independent Evaluation Arrangement (IEA) is currently looking for Team Leaders to conduct evaluations of the CGIAR Research Programmes.
The CGIAR research programmes are as follows:
- CRP on WHEAT
- CRP on MAIZE
- CRP on Policies, Institutions and Markets
- CRP on Aquatic Agriculture Systems
- participation in the identification of the evaluation team members;
- preparation of the inception report;
- guidance and coordination of the team’s analysis and work;
- interviews with key stakeholders in the CGIAR Centers, donors, partners and any other institution considered relevant;
- substantive technical lead to the overall analysis, findings, conclusions and recommendations of the evaluation for providing an assessment based on all the available information from documents, desk reviews, surveys, interviews, in accordance with the inception report.
- preparation of the report outline, coordination of the inputs provided by the team members, preparation of the draft evaluation report;
- prepare a comprehensive evaluation report;
- present the report through different means and in different fora to key stakeholders.
- Strong academic background in area relevant to the CGIAR’s operations;
- Extensive Evaluation experience of complex programmes, including research, at international level;
- Extensive and proven experience as a team leader;
- Excellent understanding and knowledge of the international debate on the key issues related to the CRP to be evaluated;
- Good knowledge of the main international institutions and mechanisms involved in the areas of research and development that are focus of the CRP to be evaluated;
- Excellent writing skills in English and good verbal communication skills.