Conference held on 1–3 November 2011, in Hilton Hotel, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
Read more HERE.
IFPRI / AUC / UNECA
Subthemes for the conference:
1) Science, technology, and innovation in agriculture
2) Rural service provision and access to factors and inputs for production
3) Food reserves, markets, trade, and regional integration
4) Investments, institutions, and policies for supporting agriculture
5) Agriculture, nutrition, and health linkages
6) Agriculture and climate change mitigation and adaptation
7) Capacity development for agriculture through education and training
8) Role of agriculture and the rural non-farm sector in economic growth and national poverty reduction
9) Regional value-chains development as a pathway for increased agricultural productivity
Format: The conference will comprise plenary and parallel presentations and discussions of papers and moderated panel discussions of specific issues.
Expected outcomes: There will be a conference synopsis report and policy briefs on key issues raised and policy solutions suggested by presenters and discussants. Full papers will be developed as chapters of an edited book on “Strategies to Increase Agricultural Productivity in Africa for Enhancing Food and Nutrition Security and Rural Incomes.”
Participants: Representatives of regional, national, and international organizations, and individuals, including farmers, farmer and trader organization representatives, researchers, policymakers, academics, and members of the private sector.
Call for abstracts:
The organizers kindly request that those who intend to present a paper on one of the subthemes listed submit an abstract (400-word maximum) to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 June 2011
• Full paper: 31 Aug 2011
• Registration: 15 Sept 2011
For additional information:
Email: Dr. Kwadwo Asenso-Okyere
POB 5689, Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
+251-11-6-172325 * +251-11-6-172500