Video Mediated Learning is currently promoted as a communication approach to disseminate agricultural information. Since it is an emerging tool, an evaluation to reveal effectiveness is crucial.
- A survey was conducted to assess the implementation of disseminated Striga control technologies on farmers’ fields.
- Results indicated that a combination of Video Mediated Learning and FFS greatly influenced farmers to implement Striga control technologies at 46.2%, 42.5% for video alone and 35% for FFS.
- Regression analysis revealed that socioeconomic factors had little influence on uptake of agricultural messages.
- From the results, Video Mediated Learning alone could be better than FFS.
- However, efforts to promote learning and dissemination of’ agricultural messages should target the use of combination of video and FFS to scale up uptake as the two approaches complement each other
You can find other publications that you may find of interest on the subject of using videos in agricultural extension at Publications.
Source: PAEPARD FEED