The e-Agriculture Community of Practice, in conjunction with partners, have this week an online discussion themed, “e-forum discussion on ICTs and Open Data in Agriculture and Nutrition”.
This online debate explores the cross roads between ICTs and issues around opening data in Agriculture and Nutrition and its effective use, with a focus on establishing what benefits and possible losses, can accrue to farmers, if technology and open data are used conjunctively.
- The role ICTs play in the use of Open Data in Agriculture and Nutrition for family farmers
- Do you have any case studies that demonstrates the benefits (or damages) of the use of ICTs and Open Data?
- What investments are needed in your opinion to reap open data benefits and how can farmers be protected from the effects of open data?
Information on participation
This online forum is taking place from 19th of June to the 14th of July 2017 on the e-Agriculture Platform
- In order to participate or comment you will have to register (http://www.e-agriculture.org/user/register) and login at the time of the forum.
- The discussion will be guided by pre-selected subject matter experts from different organizations and is facilitated by a team representing GODAN, CTA and FAO.
- The forum can be accessed through the following link: http://www.e-agriculture.org/forums/discussions/e-forum-icts-and-open-data-agriculture-and-nutrition (Questions will only be activated during the forum)
For any further information please contact us at email@example.com