8-9 February 2017. Rome. The Global Forum for Agricultural Research held its annual meeting. The main roles of the Steering Committee are programmatic governance and executive governance although it also has a strategic role. It oversees the work of the GFAR Secretariat, and is assisted by the GFAR Secretariat in carrying out its tasks.
- Approve annual Programmes of Work and budget, prepared by GFAR Secretariat and ensure that donor funding is used judiciously.
- Make decisions on the allocation of resources to GFAR programmes and Partners based on transparency and impartiality, recognizing and avoiding any conflicts of interest among Steering Committee members.
- Approve the GFAR Annual Report, prepared by the Secretariat.
- A list of the representatives forming the new Steering Committee is available here.
- Learn more about the whole process of governance reform undertaken in 2015-2016 by the Partners in GFAR here.
- An extract from the GFAR Charter that sets out the background, composition and responsibilities of the Steering Committee is available by clicking here. (4 pages)
Source: PAEPARD FEED