This 6-cyclone flash dryer
20 September 2016. One-day “Investment Forum,” sponsored by World Bank Council for Upscaling the Nigerian Flash Drying Experience for Sustainable Regional Trade and Income generation in West Africa (UDESWA).
Agricultural Economy in West and Central Africa with
Participants at the forum included: Chief Executive Officers, CEOs of Small Medium Enterprises, SMEs, producers of high quality cassava products of starch from different states in Nigeria and some fabricators like; Nobex Technology and others, some government representatives from Lagos and Non Governmental Organisations.
“This is a technology that can be used to preserve commodities because the bulk of what we produce in Nigeria is lost, 40 percent is lost to wastage at post harvest. If these products are dried they can stay long period of six months and up to a year and that means we will lose nothing again to wastage and then we have value-added products that are coming and a huge billions of Naira would be saved and dollars from export would be made.” Mr. Bernard Siwoku, Business Development expert.
The project’s results were:
- Data on efficiency and drawbacks of existing drying systems in West Africa published
- Efficient, environmental friendly, economically viable, and adoptable drying equipment developed in all project countries.
- Promotional Materials on existing proven and sustainable drying systems in West Africa published and disseminated
- Coordinated private sector driven model drying centres using the developed proven drying equipment established in each project country.
- Capacity and income of SME producing dried root and tuber based products enhanced to ensure sustainable market and value addition.
- Business plans from value added dried product enterprises using the fabricated proven drying equipment in the project locations developed and implemented.
- Sustainable regional market linkages and trade outlets for dried products from root and tuber using the fabricated drying equipment established.
- Manuals, posters, flyers, audio-visuals on proven drying technologies and value added products production printed and widely circulated.
Source: PAEPARD FEED