|Prof. Dr. Hany El-Shemy,
Dean of the Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University
The RUFORUM Strategic and Business Plan for 2015-2020 envisages an enhanced engagement of University actors along the whole value chain, including sister organizations and the private sector in mutually beneficial research and training to accelerate delivery of agricultural science-based innovations.
- What is the purpose of the curriculum revision?
- What have been the biggest challenges of this curriculum revision?
- Are farmers and private sector represented in the Faculty Council?
- How do you attract EC funding and researchers from the European Union?
- What about the collaboration with Sub Saharan Africa?
- Re-orient agricultural teaching in universities towards entrepreneurship in order to improve on the quality of agricultural science graduates so as to catalyze development and social transformation.
- Improve the relevance of agricultural science teaching and outreach to the needs of agribusiness.
- Impart entrepreneurial skills to University agricultural science students in Eastern and West Africa to enable them to be competitive in the job market.
- Induce rural transformation through smallholder agricultural transformation and agri-enterprise development.
Source: PAEPARD FEED