government officials from African Union Member States (government ministries from agriculture, trade and health), Regional Economic Community (REC) representatives, farmer organizations, consumer associations, large and small business sector representatives, civil society, development partners, donor communities, the African Union (AU).
- Track progress of implementing the specific actions identified at the 1st PPM.
- Assess efforts of the last two years (2014-2016) of implementing PACA activities at continental, regional and national levels, in order to capture the attained successes and recorded challenges, for the development of a clear roadmap for the next two years of implementation.
- Celebrate the numerous programs and activities being implemented by partners in managing aflatoxin, particularly the active leadership of key agents of change and aflatoxin mitigation champions active on the continent.
- Endorse planned approaches for implementing PACA Phase II, 2016-2019.
- Strengthen instruments and mechanisms for accountability, M and E and reporting for PACA stakeholders.
|Hon. Minister of Trade, Industry & Cooperative of Uganda|
For a full description of the PACA PPM 2016, see following documents:
- PPM 2016 Agenda (English and French) including descriptions of the following side events:
- Parliamentarians Engagement for Aflatoxin Control in Africa
- Strengthening Partnerships for Increased Impact of Non-State Actors in Aflatoxin Control
- CTA Roundtable on Engaging the Private Sector for Aflatoxin:
The private sector, including farmers’ organizations and industry leaders, are driving initiatives to mitigate aflatoxin in major commodities and to benefit agro-industry development. The private sector brings critical competencies, commitment and ingenuity for establishing meaningful alliances for scaling up and expanding innovative aflatoxin control approaches, and for joint implementation of actions that can ensure sustainability at the grass roots level. This side event brought together private sector players and other stakeholders to chart approaches for effective engagement with the private sector while leveraging the capabilities of different actors.
- Aflasafe ™ Innovative Biocontrol Solution for Aflatoxin Control
Source: PAEPARD FEED