4 – 6 July 2016. Noordwijk, the Netherlands. The Government of the Netherlands, the African Union Commission and the European Commission organised the conference: AU-EU Investing in a Food Secure Future.
The conference will have a two-day Experts’ segment followed by a High Level Ministerial segment on the third day, to give political orientations to improve AU-EU agricultural cooperation and build on previous international efforts and existing structures.
It will focus on the following five themes:
1. Climate-Smart Agriculture; click here for paper.
2. Reducing Food Losses and Waste; click here for paper.
3. Improving Market Access, regionally and internationally; click here for paper.
4. Increasing Responsible Private Investment in Sustainable Agriculture; click here for paper.
5. Science & Innovation for Development; click here for paper.
Further information about the conference can be found in the back ground note. Click here.
The programme can be found here – Click here
Pillar 5: Science and Innovation for Development: Institution building, capacity building and access to research and innovation determine the success of increasing agricultural productivity in a sustainable way. Enhanced instructional cooperation between universities and research centers in both regions can lay a firm foundation for sustainable growth, and attract the interest of youth to work in the agricultural sector, as young entrepreneurs, the future farmers. The EU-Africa Research and Innovation Partnership on Food and Nutrition Security and Sustainable Agriculture, adopted on 4 April 2016 will inform the discussions.
Source: PAEPARD FEED