27 – 29 October 2015. African Investment and Energy Forum. The Africa`s leading B2G and B2B Exhibition and Conference adressses Africa’s most important business topics by international experts and well known personalities. The AIF is the only one of its kind to take place in the AFRICAN UNION Conference Center.
- Private Sector and Development Cooperation in practice (Judith Helfmann-Hundack, Foreign Trade and Development Policy, AfrikaVerein der deutschen Wirtschaft e.V.
- The dual approach – the German experience in vocational training in Subshara Africa (Ingo Badoreck – Country Director – Delegation of German Industry and Commerce in Kenya)
- Investment opportunities in Agribusiness: The East Africa experience (Kanini Mutooni – USAID East Africa Trade and Investment Hub Director, Investment, ICT)
- Agricultural Wastes as Source of Energy and Income: Making Agriculture More Attractive and Rewarding (Abdulkadir Hassan – ZHE Africa)
Panel Discussion International Investment in Agriculture – along the value chain
- Lutz Hartmann – General Manager, FruitBox Africa GmbH and Partner Belmont Legal.
- Dr. Ferdinand Schmitz, Managing Director, German Seed Alliance
- Henk-Jan Voskuil, General Manager Dümmen Orange
- Asmau Nitardy – Manager East Africa & Agribusiness, Afrika-Verein der deutschen Wirtschaft e.V.)
- Business partners from Finland – government supported Matchmaking – program of Finnpartnership (Birgit Nevala – MA, Business Partnership Coordinator, Finnpartnership)
- Financing and investments from Finland to Africa (Jussi Ahonen – Investment Manager – Manufacturing and Services Finnish Fund for Industrial Cooperation Ltd (FINNFUND)
- M. Rizanur Meral – President of TUSKON
The German-Africa Business Association, which comprises 600 German companies with an interest in Africa, offers a platform for establishing contacts and exchanging information and opinions.
- Association Foreign Trade and Development Policy Head Judith Helfmann-Hundack said that they have come with the business delegation for the first time following Prime Minister Hailemariam Dessalegn’s visit to Germany last December.
- She indicated that there are good opportunities in Ethiopia especially in the agriculture sector. Anything to do with manufacturing and processing agricultural products, packaging them to transport is an important and interesting points to consider, she said. “It’s a right time to be here.”
- The visiting delegation, which all hailed from agribusiness sector, participated in the African Investment and Energy Forum and many more German companies outside of the delegation
Source: PAEPARD FEED