Better linkages between Agricultural Research and Development for greater impact on Global Challenges
Egmont Palace, Petit Sablon 8, Brussels, Belgium, Wednesday 5th June 2013
The International Conference is being organised as a Final Conference for the ERA-ARD II project, in close cooperation with EIARD (The European Initiative for Agricultural Research for Development) and SCAR (The Standing Committee on Agricultural Research).
The objective of the conference is to identify concrete ways to improve coordination of agricultural research for development efforts in Europe, emphasising improved synergies between national and bilateral programmes, strengthened linkages between AR and ARD and stronger alignment between national and European programmes with global initiatives in order to address global challenges and to maximise the impact of European investments in AR and ARD, at national, continental and global level.
The preliminary programme topics are:
- The role of Europe in implementing the GCARD Road Map and addressing Global Challenges
- Looking forward with lessons learnt and results from ERA-ARD
- European Partnership with the South, including the South’s vision of collaboration with Europe
- Linkages between agricultural research and research for development in Europe
- The European ARD coordination set-up: possibilities for the future
For more information visit the ERA-ARD website http://www.era-ard.org/final-conference/.