Agrinatura will hold several presentations and one pre event at GCARD 2, Punta del Este
The Second Global Conference on Agricultural Research for Development (GCARD II) will be organized in Punta del Este, Uruguay, 27 October – 1 November 2012. The GCARD II will focus on the ways to implement the tasks identified in the GCARD Road Map with special attention to foresight, capacity building and partnership for innovation and impact on small-holder livelihoods.
GCARD 2 is an important milestone to review the current state of the art and to organise stakeholders for an increased effort – and even more coordinated – to building capacities in agriculture, while reforming the institutions – to increase the relevance and the impact of TAE with regard to the stakeholders’ economic needs on the ground. The Conference should be a platform to build cooperation around key forward-looking agendas and plan joint actions among all stakeholders. This should in turn, open international partnership opportunities and help the development of concrete research and development programs that can lead through to substantive impacts.
- Agrinatura will contribute to GCARD with organising one pre-event devoted to
Building Capacities in Agriculture Based on Needs
Taking stock of lessons learned and support bottom-up coordination
The pre-event will be held on Saturday October 27, 2012, 14h 00– 18h 30
Location of the pre-event: CONRAD RESORT & CASINO, Room A , Punta del Este, Uruguay
- The recommendations coming from this pre-event will be reported (D. Pillot) in the main GCARD conference in the session C2 Enhancing capacities
Location of the session: CONRAD RESORT & CASINO, parallel session C2.2: Learning and the empowerment of women and youth, 8h.30 on 30/10/2012 (room to be announced).
- Agrinatura (P. Sarfatti) will also present the Platform for African-European Partnership on Agricultural Development (PAEPARD) at theBreakout session C1.3 North-South and South-South Collaborative Actions.
Location of the session: CONRAD RESORT & CASINO, parallel session Partnerships for Livelihood Impacts, 13h.30 on 30/10/2012 (room to be announced).
Materials for the sessions
- Session Building Capacities in Agriculture Based on Needs :
1.1 Team Africa
1.2 GFRAS / New extensionist:
See The position paper and the Survey and e-discussion report on http://www.g-fras.org/en/157-the-new-extensionist
Download the three Outcomes of the Ypard e-discussions for GCARD 2012 onhttp://ypard.net/e-library
- Session C1.3: North-South and South-South Collaborative Actions
Download: Presentation will be uploaded soon
- Session C2.2: Learning and the Empowerment of Youth and Women
Pdf document GCARD 2 briefing paper C22